Sunday, August 20, 2006

Point 10 & A prayer

If you've been following this series...Thank you. I hope it helps. If you have an input or anything you'd like to contribute, please let me know or you can leave a comment.

Does he have a healthy love & acceptance of himself? Make sure the man in your life has taken time to heal from past relationships and has made peace with himself. How he cares for himself is how he will care for you. A man's relationship with God is crucial here. His love for himself will only be as strong as his love for God. This is not something you can impart. You cannot be his savior or teacher. That is out of spiritual order. In his rightful place as your personal priest, he should be leading you to a richer relationship with Christ. If he is causing you to compromise your faith and destabilize your walk, if he is leading you into sexual sin or causing you to be distracted from your commitment to Christ, the relationship is too expensive.

Offending the Lover of your soul, who promises you eternal love, is too high a fare to pay for a ride that has a limited run. If you and your man cant soar in the Spirit, when the force of your love for one another is tested by the pull or gravity of the world, your union will not be able to survive.

So you decide.

How much is your life worth?
How much is your love worth?

You will be able to accept only what you believe you deserve. God himself calculated the worth of your love and decided it was worth His life. He now pledges you His love for eternity. Yes, Jesus sets the example for all others to follow when He paid a ransom for His bride. Should you expect less from a mortal man?

Throughout the Biblical age, men were willing to pay the cost for the hand that they desired. The truth of the matter is, everyone knows that anything worth having, costs. And no one gets a ride in this life for free.


*****************************

OUR PRAYER:

Dear Heavenly Father, I confess that I have not always been as careful as I should have been with my heart. From time to time, my desire for love has caused me to leave my heart in the wrong hands. I now commit my heart into Your hands for safekeeping. Please help me to stop being so impulsive with what you deem so precious. As I learn to celebrate Your love for me, let me learn from Your example what a bridegroom should really be like. Help me to never settle for less than what you desire for me.

As I embrace You as the Lover of my soul, keep my affections in the haven of Your own heart. As I rest in Your love, make me more discriminating of those who approach me. I ask that You take over this area of my life. Keep me from those You know would hurt my heart. I invite You to set a hedge around me and keep me from all who would draw me into unfruitful relationships until the day you present me to the mate that You have selected for me.

Grant me the discernment to recognize him as he recognizes me. Cleanse me from the temptation to typecast the men I meet according to what I see. Help me to trust in your knowledge and lean not on my own understanding. I know that You know what is best for me; therefore I yield to Your choice.

In Jesus' Name. Amen.

(The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much)

8 comments:

Anonymous 8/23/06, 11:37 AM  

i like your relationship blog alot. Good job!

Anonymous 8/23/06, 6:21 PM  

thank you very much ma! :-)

The Life of a Stranger called me 8/24/06, 2:16 PM  

Dear diamond, I am about to print out your lecture notes and I am requesting this in advance so that I will not be infridging on any copyright issues.

I have a dear friend, sister and cuz who is in desperate need of your lecture notes.

I am forwarding this to her as a matter of urgency.

TLSCM.

Anonymous 9/9/06, 12:57 AM  

This is very useful, can it be circulated?

Anonymous 9/9/06, 9:50 AM  

@Anon...sure...that's why I put it on the www. I wanted to share with as many people as I could instead of staying w/in my circle of friends.

Funmi 10/20/06, 5:45 PM  

wow this is an excellent write up.

Shishi 2/6/08, 11:26 AM  

This is the best blog ive come by so far, its really spoken to me..keep up the Godly Relationship posts

Anonymous 12/17/09, 11:55 AM  

This was directed at me! Thank you for your words of wisdom.

A very well written piece.

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP